Pages

Sunday 26 June 2022

Pele - Goddess of Volcanos

 

Hi Everyone

Here is my latest DT creation for Sweet November Stamps
 
 

I was so excited to see what the Newsletter Freebie was going to look like.  When the DT were told it was a version of Pele the Goddess of Volcanos I was like OK!!!  I had never heard of heard so a quick google search and I was soon educated.

I had a vision in my head but unfortunately my colouring skills were not up to it and it was a bit adventurous so I binned my first attempt and started again.  I wanted the Goddess in this card to look like an extension of the lava river and I am pleased with how this one turned out
 
Images/river all coloured using Copics
 
I paired the Goddess Image up with some of the foliage from the Mermaid Lagoon Background Builder  I created the clouds using Memento Inks and a cloud die.  I needed a moody looking sky so thought I could achieve this better with inks than my Copics.  (Skies are my downfall with Copic Colouring lol) 



 
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and share this card with me.  Please leave me a comment to let me know what you think.  Hope to see you again soon 




 

7 comments:

  1. A perfect feminine card for our 'So Girly' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning card.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
    My Blog As I do Rondos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully coloured. I hadn't heard of her either! Thanks for taking part in my so girly challenge at Allsorts this week. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous image and card, thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh fabulous! My goodness you've made a real piece of art with your colouring there - love it! I wondered if the character Te Fiti (from Disney's Moana) might have been based on Pele, but am not sure and that's about as much as I know (or rather don't know!, about Pele).

    Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge this time, always a pleasure to have you join in, Sarah - DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous and sweet card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely Fabulous stunning card. Just WOW!!! Thanks for linking up with us over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck, DT~Jana Forrest

    ReplyDelete

Hi There. I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Hope to see you again soon