Pages

Saturday 15 June 2019

Twist & Pop Card

Hi Everyone

Something new from today!  I have never tried one of these and when a friend said have a go at a twist and pop card I thought I would never be able to make one.  This was nearly true as when it came to making the "Mechanism" I lost my patience several times. I nearly scrapped the whole idea. So I gave it a break for a day and went back to it with a calm mind and I am so pleased to say that it worked.

This card is for my Mum's partner's birthday coming up later in the year. 

The Toppers are all from Hunkydory which was a free gift for being in their club a few years ago.  Something else that has been sat in my stash doing nothing!

I added some twine to decorate the front and popped a small sentiment on it.

I decorated the pop up and the inside also with the Hunkydory Toppers.  There are sentiments on two of the circles on the inside but as they are silver foiled writing its hard to see.  One says "Ahoy There Matey" and the other says "Wishing a Very Special Person a Very Special Birthday"

If you haven't tried one of these then I urge you to have ago.  Despite being stressed about not getting the mechanism right in the first few tries I really enjoyed it.

The tutorial I followed for this can be found HERE and an extra video for the mechanism can be found HERE  I needed this extra one as for some reason from the first video I could not get it to work lol!  Good Luck to you all!!

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and share this card with me today.  Please leave me a comment to let me know what you think.  Hope to see you again soon.

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely brilliant card Lisa and love all the toppers-so glad you persevered ---well worth it!!!
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous ! So glad you didn't scrap it ! Thank you for sharing at 613 Avenue Create x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous design...so clever. Love the papers and toppers too! Thanks for joining us at Craft Catz this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous project


    Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous design, your card looks amazing. Thank you for linking to our theme at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card, glad you persevered with it

    Thanks for joining in at Try It On Tuesday Challenge

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, I hear you loud and clear about being "mechanism" challenged! I really suffer trying to do intricate measurements - no matter how highly educated one is, some of you can do it and some of us can't! LOL! Congratulations & thank you so much for sharing your project with us - it also meets our challenge for 'More than One Fold'!
    ~ginny, DT for 613 Ave C
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful birthday card!
    Wish you a happy day! Rike

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card. I love making the Twist and Pop cards, so addictive. You did a great job.
    Thanks for joining us at The Crafters Cafe
    Narelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card.
    Thanks for your entry at Let's Craft and Create.
    Sabina DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your design! Nice images as well. Thanks for playing along at The Sketchy Challenges. Hugs Ela DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, well done! Thanks for joining us at The Sketchy Challenges.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete

Hi There. I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Hope to see you again soon