Pages

Tuesday 1 November 2016

Subtle Snowflakes

Hi Everyone

It is the start of a new challenge over at Unicorn Challenge.  


The theme for this month is Snow/Snowflakes.  We cannot wait to see what you create for this theme.  Please come on over and play along with us.

For my DT card I did something a bit different for me.  I am not very good at Embossing and always end up chucking what I make in the bin as I never like it.  This one turned out quite well though!!

The Card Blank is a 6" Square and I used a Pale blue shade as my base then popped on a white layer.  I used a Blue Versamagic ink pad to ink up the background and then stamped the snowflake flourishes onto it using a clear inkpad.  I then used a WOW Embossing Powder and heated it up.  The embossing powder wasn't as bright white as I would have liked it!  I cut a couple of snowflakes using a Robbert Addams die, added the sentiment which is a stamp from Stampingallday and then finshed with a couple of pale blue pearl gems.  Overall I am happy with this attempt at embossing lol!!

I would like to enter this card into the following Challenges


Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today and share this card with me.  Please leave me a comment to let me know what you think.  Hope to see you again soon.

9 comments:

  1. I love your embossed snowflakes! They look beautiful with the blue background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the embossed bit bet it is even prettier is real life This is a lovely card .........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa this is a stunning Christmas card. I love the stamps you have used. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. you did it well with the embossing, lovely card! very elegant. thanks for participate at Morgan`s ArtWorld
    DT Graciela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely glittery card and I know what you mean about white embossing powder, so disappointing at times. Lovely background.
    Thank you for joining in our 'Lets make a start on Christmas' challenge again this week at Allsorts.

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! I love the embossed snowflake flourishes!!
    Thanks for playing along this week at Christmas Card Challenges!!
    Debbie (CCC DT)
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely embossing, beautiful card.
    Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely looking card, really love the embossing on it. Thanks for joining us over at Winter Wonderland.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Hi There. I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Hope to see you again soon