Pages

Monday 25 January 2016

It's All new!

Hi Everyone

I was so excited to find a comment left on my blog letting me know that I had been placed 2nd at Crafty Boots Challenges.  With a placement comes a Guest Designer Spot, so here I am today!  Thank you to Dionne and the team for having me join them for this challenge.


The Theme is Ribbon or Lace and there is still a week or so to go so please come on over and join in with the challenge.  If you get a place it could be you that is being a Guest Designer!

I decided to go with the Ribbon bit of the theme.  I recently discovered a couple of new (to me) artists on Etsy and I just had to buy up some of their images.  The Image I have used for this card is called Plush Rabbit with Flowers and you can find it here along with some other amazing cute images in the Etsy shop called Astafieva.  I bought another image along with this one and I cannot wait to colour and make it into something.

If you are a regular to my blog you will know that 1) I don't usually chat much but I wanted to explain why this post is called It's All New!  The card blank is a new shape to me, the Helz Cuppleditch Paper is a new pack for me and the Image is a newly discovered artist to me and 2) I have my Mum and Mother-in-Law's Birthdays both in March and of course its usually Mother's Day around this time too so I like to get started on their cards for these occasions early.  This card is for my Mum's Birthday, she likes cutesy animals so this was the perfect image for her.  I coloured the image using ProMarkers and used a Clear Star Gelly Roll Pen to add some Sparkle to the Flower and the Bows.  I bought  this card blank at the Nec back in November and have been waiting for something special to come up to use it.  I got a pack of three so two more to go but will be making a template of it before I run out as I really love it!  One of my Crafting New Years resolutions is to use and make different shaped cards from the Rectangular ones I seem to do most of!  My Base/Frame Layer is a Bazzill Basics Bright Pink Colour and the Patterned Paper is from the Helz Cuppleditch Fun Fair Paper Pack.    Again it's the first piece that I have used from the pack and there are some truly great designs in there! I used my X-Cut Rounded Corner Punch to round off the edges. I cut two Memory Box Precious Hearts Die and the Sentiments are all from Stampingallday which I stamped up using a Memento Tuxedo Ink Pad.  I used an Organza Pink Ribbon which has a Silver Glitter Thread running through it.  To finish I added Pink Pearl Gems.  I am so pleased with how this turned out (even if I do say so myself lol!!)





Thank you for stopping by my blog today and sharing this card with me.  I hope you like it.  I would love it if you would leave me a comment and if you are not already please follow my blog and see if I keep up my New Years Resolutions.  I am not doing too badly so far I don't think.  I have made this one and a Criss Cross Card which I haven't done before so I have got off to a good start lol!  I am buying up some new Frame Dies so that should also help me on my way!  Thanks again and Hope to see you again soon.



















19 comments:

  1. A fabulous card design gorgeous image Ginny x
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Lisa! The image is so sweet and you colored it perfectly! I also love the shape of this awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa

    I think this card is super cute and I love the new card shape you have used. Your colouring of the sweet little bunny looks fabulous.

    Thank you so much for being such a special Guest Designer.

    Dionne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Wonderful card. thanks for joining us at Scrapping 4 Fun.

    Hugs
    Claudia
    DT Scrapping 4 Fun
    http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be/

    Tought I was a follower of you're blog, but I wasnt. I am now!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa this is a gorgeous card I love the design. Congratulations on your Guest Design Team slot. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Love the card fold, the colours you used and of course the very sweet image. Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
    Hugs ~ Lena, DT
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous shaped card Lisa and the bunny is so cute, I am sure your mum will love it. Lots of new things on your card, just perfect for the Winter Wonderland challenge this week. Thank you for joining the fun.
    Crafty hugs
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shaped card Lisa such a lovely image and wonderful card design a super, super make, congratulations on your GDT spot
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Lisa. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Winter Wonderland. We would love to see you again … Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every level of ADORABLE with this make. Well done you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet bunny and design card...Thanks for joining Crafty Friends Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous card Lisa thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge hugs Sue J x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely creation! Very sweet image. Thanks for playing with us at The Crafty Addicts :) xx Mari

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous card love everything about it. Thank you for joining us at Our Crafty Corner. Good luck Alison DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrappind4Fun Challenges. Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
    Ann DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is very beautiful !
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting with an attitude!
    Good Luck and hope to see you again.

    Bad Kitty's Craftroom
    >^.^<

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous creation! The colors are just beautiful on your card. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapping4Fun.
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute!!! Thanks so much for participating in our ALPHABET challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Hi There. I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Hope to see you again soon